Cybersecurity threats change year after year as technology continues to advance. With that in mind, it's critical for organizations to revisit their data protection practices at least once a year. Here's some steps to take to protect your organization.
- Establish Policies to Promote Cybersecurity—This includes a bring your own device policy, email and internet communication policy, acceptable use policy, remote work policy and incident response policy.
- Educate Your Employees—They are your first line of defense and even with the most robust and expensive data protection solutions, one click on a malicious link can infect your network and possibly lead to more serious cyber attacks. It's important to train staff on common cyber threats and how to respond.
- Implement smart software and keep it updated—Install strong spam filters, firewalls, and anti-virus and malware programs on all company devices. In addition, maintain network security by using a virtual private network.
- Bolster Business Continuity—Back up data frequently. Consider storing sensitive data in another secure location, like the cloud.
- Have a Plan—Establish a cyber incident response plan to minimize potential losses in the event of a cyber attack. Test this plan regularly.
Want to get a plan in place? Contact us for our interactive cyber security score card and planning guide.